My approach to therapy is very practical: I think that it should free you from ‘symptoms’ and distress, and also enable you to do things that you couldn’t do before, to feel real happiness, to have loving, supportive relationships, if you don’t already, and a fulfilling life.
There has been a paradigm shift in psychotherapy over recent decades, and we now have a much clearer, more specific understanding of how unresolved adverse experiences shape us and our beliefs about life, and how they can be healed. My work draws on many different modalities, including the most up to date trauma treatment models: integrative, relational psychotherapy, ego state therapy, the Structural Dissociation Model, Internal Family Systems, Somatic Experiencing, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, yoga therapy, EMDR, Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy and transpersonal psychotherapy. If you’ve had therapy before, you may find working with me a little different. I will answer all your questions and help you to understand yourself and make sense of your life. You will learn to calm anxiety and make yourself feel better and stronger when you need to, and we will work together to resolve difficult experiences and negative beliefs about yourself that may have been holding you back. You will also discover or rediscover the skills and capacities that will enable you to stand up for yourself and feel alive, competent and connected in day-to-day life.
You can expect absolute respect and sensitivity towards whatever you want to talk about, in complete confidence.
- Difficulties in relationships
- Inability to make a decision, or to do things that you want to do; ‘stuckness’, ‘sabotaging’ yourself; feeling confused, unhappy or helpless
- Acute or recurring anxiety or depression; panic attacks; nightmares
- Not knowing who you are or what you want, or not being able to assert yourself
- Emotional, physical or sexual abuse, C-PTSD or complex trauma, dissociation and dissociative disorders
- Bereavement, too much loss or change
- Loss of meaning or purpose
- Supervision on complex trauma for practitioners from different backgrounds and orientations